Finally! Swedish software developers Propellerhead just released an update to their iOS app “Figure” that now allows the ability to Save and Export songs, at last making the app more than just a quick boredom fix and into something actually useful. Figure is easily one of the most innovative visual and functional approaches to music creation we’ve seen for iOS or any platform. So the update, as basic as it is, comes with a number of welcome features. If you haven’t had the chance to fall in love with Figure, check out the video link below and then let your nerd boner lead you over to the iTunes app store where you can grab it up for a dollar.
Here’s what’s new in Propellerhead Figure 1.1:
- Save, browse and load song files
- Set length of loop (1,2,4,8 bars)
- Export audio to iTunes File Sharing
- Better recording. Tap record and then draw on the pad to start your recording. Or just press Play.
- Performance and bug fixes